Thursday 13 November 2014

Completed: Victory Patterns Lola

So heres another finished make I have to share with you all - my Lola sweater dress.



I actually started this well before my sewing machine broke (the first time) and then ended up with the WIP pile of doom! I then completely forgot about it because when I was looking for something else I found the part assembled pieces. Just at the right time it would seem I'm quite digging long (3/4) sleeves at the moment.

The finished dress is not quite as good as I'd hoped but I handled the neck a lot and I think it stretched out a bit so the neck looks stretched I also think it may be something to do with the fact I neglected the wee triangle that you're meant to add for that authentic jumper look- that's why I have a sneaky scarf on hand ...

So I started this that long ago that I can't even remember what the composition of the fabric is - I know its not many % cotton as its got that shine that only a poly blend will give something... what I do remember is that I purchased it at remnant kings and it cost like £8/m. I must have bought about 2.5 m as there is still about 1m left so I'm thinking a mabel or perhaps another sugar plum? I'm also wondering if I could make a snuggly Bronte jumper....?



When constructing this dress I cut a size 8- I think it fits mostly OK apart from around the waist where it seems a bit baggy - which is strange as usually I need to grade out for this area... If i make this up again (I'm totally torn as there's a few knit jumper dress patterns that im feeling right now) I think ill grade down a size here and keep the rest the same size.

The dress came together really easily - apart from noted issue with the neck however I'm not really feeling it - I love the pockets and the sleeves give me an option for the cooler weather I just feel that there are other patterns that I love way more. (who knows maybe if I fix the neck it would be a different story...). That being said it has been worn rather a lot over the last two weeks.

Hope everyone has a good weekend - Im off to the football tomorrow night (Scotland vs Ireland) which should be good - it's a handy match for us because Celtic Park is only about a miles walk from our flat to the turnstiles

Take care guys
JCS xx

6 comments:

  1. OMG I’ve been looking for a knit in that color all day long … instead of working of course! no kidding I odered some online ad when I got it I realized it was much darker :( and was looking for a replacement! Love your Lola is cool and cozy andI’m the definitely adding the pattern to my oh so long to do list! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sometimes it's good to have some poly in the fabric to keep a bit warmer... I really like this colour - it makes up a good percentage of my wardrobe, yet I haven't seen much of this blue this season it seems to be more reds and dark purples...hope you manage to find your fabric! also my to do list got so long I scrapped it and started a new one! xx

      Delete
  2. I think this is lovely! It looks cozy -- perfect for style in winter! Is it a thicker material or thin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! the material is medium to heavy, but not so heavy that it was impossible to work with. It is very warm to wear which is a definite plus!

      Delete
  3. This is a nice dress. Highly appropriate for winter. Also the color looks nice on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I love wearing this colour it makes me feel good to wear

      Delete

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to drop me a wee message :-)