Tuesday 11 February 2014

So Long Onesie!!

So like maybe 3 years ago I for some reason decided that I would purchase a onesie. I have no idea why!! I looked like a pink Donnie Darko wearing the thing!



So yeah its pretty uninspiring, shapeless and altogether dull plus it has spent the last 2 and a half years lurking under my bed. So instead of binning the offending item of fleece construction i decided to put it to a more appropriate use. Jammy Bottoms. You can never have too many pairs of pyjamas! (excusing the photo - in the middle of a clear out - part of the reason I found the onsie in the first place!)

now let me tell you I had great fun in taking a stitch ripper to those feet! and then with them gone I took a huge pair of fabric scissors and took great joy in cutting the legs away from the top.

Already it looks better! Last nights task saw me sew together the area the zip used to reside in the front and pin the huge ass ass to make something slightly less HUGE!

oh yeah in my haste to remove the legs i kinda cut off the washing instructions. oops!!

So hopefully tonights progress will see me finish the waistband with a ribbon of sorts and some elastic and then make that motif into an awesome patch pocket!

JCS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to drop me a wee message :-)